Making the food system the Sustainable Development Goals call for
Our second event will take place in the evening of January 30th, 2018, and will be on food and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The fastest way to make our habits and systems more sustainable is finding new business models and ideas that make sustainability cheaper and easier. It's down to entrepreneurs with a vision of a better, sustainable economy to realise this.
The UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) number two calls for people everywhere to "end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture".
Fast Forward 2030 is a network and platform of entrepreneurs who believe that in order to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals SDGs, entrepreneurs need to incorporate them into their business models. We're organising an event series to promote this new approach to business, showing that with the right approach, entrepreneurs can build businesses that are vehicles towards a sustainable world.
This event will focus on the food system, and we'll hear from:
- Will Wells, founder of Hummingbird Technologies, a company that uses drones and AI to give farmers sophisticated insights on crop health.
- Iseult Ward, founder of FoodCloud, which connects businesses with surplus foods to local charities.
- Carolyn Steel, architect and expert on the relationship between food and cities
You can buy your ticket here. Tickets include:
- A great talk and Q&A session from our guest speakers
- Free ethically sourced drinks and snacks
- Networking and chatting with speakers, and the board members of Fast Forward 2030